- Loosen soil in potted plants to prevent the accumulation of stagnant water on the surface of the hardened soil.
- If you are using flowerpot plates, remove water on alternate days and scrub the plates thoroughly to remove mosquito eggs.
- Clear fallen leaves and stagnant water in your scupper drains once a week to prevent mosquito breeding.
- Consider reusing the water that is used to wash your vegetables/rice to water your plants. Do remember to cover the container properly if you are not using the water immediately.
- Change water in flower vases every other day, clean and scrub the inner sides of vases, and wash roots of flowers and plants thoroughly as mosquito eggs can stick to them easily.